[Tutor] changing coordinate

stm atoc stm.at.oc at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 11 11:08:55 CET 2012

Hi:

I am trying to define a new coordinate for My plot.

I have a plot x axis is Concentration, Y axis, depth or Z.

Z= -1000 um.
and I would like to see the the trend and plot of concentration up to
-300 um and see how the plot changed according to the depth. So, my
main question is about how to change the coordinate based on 0 to
-300.

This is the relevant description:

# coding: utf-8
from pylab import *
import numpy
import matplotlib.pyplot as pyplot
import matplotlib.mlab as mlab

#t=3600
N = 100
dz = 1.0
h_s=-300

with open("ourtest_out.list", "r") as f:
   z = numpy.array([float(v) for v in f.readline().split()[1:]])

z == z + h_s
a = numpy.loadtxt("ourtest_out.list", skiprows=3)
t=a[:,0]

nu = a[0:,1:N+1]
Conc = a[0:, N+1:]

lw = 2.0 #linewidth