[Tutor] Extremely simple question

Chris Johnson c.johnsonbl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 08:14:47 CET 2012

Hi there,

I am *new* (I cannot put enough emphasis on that!) to Python programming,
and to programming in general. I am trying to write out a statement that
will protect a file on my computer from being run unless I enter the right
specifications;

your_weight = int(raw_input("Please enter your weight: "))
> if your_weight < 0:
> print 'You're not Chris!'
> elif your_weight == 170:
> print 'You might be Chris! But...'
> your_height = int(raw_input("Please enter your height: "))
> if your_height < 180:
> print 'You're not Chris!
> elif your_height == 180:
> print 'You're Chris!'
> your_name = int(raw_input("What is your name? "))
> elif your_height > 180:
> print 'You're not Chris!"
> elif x > 170:
> print 'You're not Chris!'

When I open it, the program says I have a syntax error. Praytell, where did
I go wrong?