[Tutor] Game lag

Hugo Arts hugo.yoshi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 17:02:54 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Nate Lastname <defensoft at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The attached zip file contains a file called 'cameramovement.py'.  As you
> can see, this file is extremely laggy.  After searching through my code, I
> can't find anything that is slowing it down.  Could someone help me out?  It
> takes a while to load due to a large map.  This is not the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> The Defenestrator
>
> P.S. Yes, I am new here.  Hello, all!

1) although posting here is a good idea, you're gonna be better off
asking the pygame mailing list about this as well, they're the experts
2) that's a lot of code for me to read all in my spare time man, isn't
there any way you can simplify it or strip out unnecessary parts?
3) did you profile it? Do this! Now! rather than guess where your code
is slow, this will tell you exactly. Use cProfile:

http://docs.python.org/library/profile.html

HTH,
Hugo