[Tutor] Primitive Chess Clock Program Question

Homme, James james.homme at highmark.com
Tue Jan 3 21:44:28 CET 2012

Hi,
So far, I know about raw_input as a way to get something from the keyboard into my program. My question is this. Let's say I am trying to subtract time from a value as though someone is thinking and they want to type in a move. If my program prints a prompt to the screen, while the person is thinking, is it still running, or is it asleep?

Another way to put this is, can my program use one of the functions in datetime to keep ticking off seconds for itself, but not show them to the user while it's waiting for input, or do I need to simply check the time after they type their move in, then update the clock at that point?

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810.

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.