[Tutor] want to chat with someone - phone, skype, or email

Mark Lybrand mlybrand at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 22:22:19 CET 2012

On Jan 2, 2012 12:22 PM, "Tamar Osher" <emeraldoffice at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!  I have never before learned a programming language, and I started
learning Python a couple of days ago.  I am wondering: How does a person
make the leap from reading about Python to doing Python?

Not directly responding to the petition for chat opportunities, but to
making the leap.  What has helped me (started with python at the end of
november) was to find problems and apply python to them.  From a simple
password generator,to massage text files and databases.  Just last week my
colleagues asked me to give them some more info on python as one after
another problem gets solved. If you don't have an immediate problem make
one.  One final idea would be to google "python challenge". One problem
after another to complete a sort of scavenger hunt.

Mark