[Tutor] general basic question

ken brockman krush1954 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 20:57:15 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 12:33 PM, ken brockman <krush1954 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Using pickling I have somehow managed to save two separate lists, but the
>> dictionary is giving me much more of a struggle.

Got it. I manage to get it to save to disk, but only by using the shell to create an empty dictionary then pickling it and saving it to a file. Priming the pump as it were. I had thought i had read that when you pickle and save a list or dictionary to file, if it didn't already exist, it would be created. That hasn't been my experience. Had I misunderstood or Am i doing something wrong? Just for future reference. I'm as happy as the proverbial pig in excrement just to get it to function.
Thanks all for your help.
Ken