[Tutor] general basic question

ken brockman krush1954 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 14:40:27 CET 2012

Hello all:
I have a general and very basic question if I may. I am in the process of attempting to write my first python app. I wanted to collect information and save it to lists and dictionaries. My question is, is it possible to save said lists and dictionaries in the program proper, or do i need to save the information to files on the hard drive. I apologize for the simplistic nature of my query. I have been reading various python books on and off for well over a month and I have to admit i am having a hard time ingesting the concepts. I have been googling and perusing articles and books but i can't grasp more then the most basic of concepts of what i'v gone over. I'm not looking for any thing more then a yes or no, I plan on beating my head against python until it starts to sink in or it kills me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thank you