[Tutor] help

Kwpolska kwpolska at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 19:34:18 CET 2012

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Evans Anyokwu <onyxtic at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just tried your code and it worked for me. Like Alan and Steven have
> pointed out already, sounding the system bell depends on how you are running
> the code and your platform.
>
> On my computer I have Putty installed which I use to connect remotely to my
> server - so running that script remotely will not produce any sound.

WROOOOONG!  print '\a' sends ASCII 0x07 to the terminal, which then is
handled by the terminal the way you (or the developer) told it to
handle it.  Now, you have set PuTTY to ignore bells (or, more likely,
did not bother to change the setting and got the default).  This is
why you did not hear it.

>>> print 'sp\am'
sp[beep!]m [= 73 70 07 6D]

> However, it worked when saved and run locally on my Windows computer.

Because cmd (or whatever else you used) is set to make sound with the bell.

--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk>
stop html mail      | always bottom-post