[Tutor] release a script with non-standard dependencies

Andre' Walker-Loud walksloud at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 18:51:12 CET 2012

Hi Rail,

> I'm attempting to write a script with command-line arguments. Based on some reading I have done online and some advice from this mailing list I'm going to use docopt and schema modules. The problem I'm facing is that I'd like to be able to give this script to anyone who needs it by just using one file, i.e. the script itself. Does anybody know if there is a way to achieve this without pasting code from docopt and schema into my script file.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

I would like to know the answer to your question as well.
Hopefully, the people you work with are comfortable installing something like docopt - but I know that is often not the case.

If you are unsuccessful, and consider going back to OptParse, I just wanted to point you to using Argparse instead.  It is a bit better, and more importantly, is not deprecated (Optparse is no longer updated).
However, it shares the same issues the creator of docopt railed against in his presentation that Modulok sent a link to earlier.

Regards,

Andre