[Tutor] How can I overwrite the previous version on linux ?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 19 11:15:05 CET 2012

On 19/12/12 05:52, Dae James wrote:
> My linux distribution is CentOs 6.3. And python attached to the OS is 2.6.
> How can I overwrite the previous version with python 2.7 ? Or how can I
> uninstall the previous version?

You should not change the standard install, its probably there for a reason!

But you can install another version for your own use. I don;t know
CentOS but I assume it has a package manager. Just install the latest
package (apt-get, yum, yast or whatever).

In the last resort you can download the tarball and build from source.
But there is probably a package you can use

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site