[Tutor] Information

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 4 20:19:13 CET 2012

On 04/12/12 08:38, Umair Masood wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would be working on a small project, which will include the SOAP
> library to use the web services using python.

This list is for teaching the basics of the Python language and standard
library. There is no SOAP library in Python. You will need to be more
specific about what you are trying to do and what libraries you are using.

> link XML to python. I mean suppose i am a client and i am accessing a
> server and suddenly it gives me an error which is being displayed on the
> website. I am working on something like this. I would code the client
> and server and when the client faces some problem it gets an error and
> uses the soap library to access the web services.

There are libraries to call web services that you can download.
There are also libraries for parsing XML. Of the ones in the standard
library etree is probably the best option.

If you can already program in Python you may find these useful as a starter:

http://www.diveintopython.net/soap_web_services/index.html

http://docs.python.org/3/library/xml.etree.elementtree.html#module-xml.etree.ElementTree

--
Alan G