[Tutor] Installing modules with easy_install

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Tue Aug 28 22:35:38 CEST 2012

On 8/28/2012 1:17 PM Ray Jones said...
> On 08/28/2012 01:11 PM, eryksun wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Ray Jones <crawlzone at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Oops. No, I see that /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages is included
>>> in the sys.path. Now what?
>> Good, but does sys.path contain
>> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pytz-2012d-py2.7.egg?
> More info:
>
> /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages does not contain a easy-install.pth file.

You installed this with easy_install, so the version of python therein
referenced is the same one that now should have access to it.

Try :  which easy_install

then cat the result.  The first line points to the executable python
that installed pytz.  On my local system this looks like:

head -1 `which easy_install`
#! /usr/bin/python

copy and paste in the result, then import pytz from there and paste in
the results if it doesn't work.

Emile