[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 98, Issue 70

Walter Prins wprins at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 20:19:23 CEST 2012

Hi Osemeka,

On 28 April 2012 16:00, Osemeka Osuagwu <abasiemeka at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use 64bit Windows7 and Python 2.7.2 (upgraded from 2.6.6)

Do you use 64 bit Python 2.7.2 or 32 bit Python 2.7.2?

> I downloaded the windows binary from the pygame site
> (http://www.pygame.org/download.shtml) and ran it. During the
> installation I had to choose install directory, I left it at the
> default option (which created a new folder on my C: drive).

Did you download and install the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Pygame?  The
links on the page you reference is the 32-bit versions.  There are also
some prerelease 64-bit binaries available elsewhere as mentioned on that
page.

Anyway, my spidey sense tells me that you're likely running a 64-bit
version of Python and have installed the 32-bit version of Pygame.  This
won't work and may explain your current problem.  To solve it, ensure the
version of Python and PyGame matches each other in terms of being 32-bit or
64-bit as well as the version of Python targetted by Pygame.

As a sidenote, please try and be neater in your posts.  Useful subjects
help, and the convention on this list is to bottom post, that is,
comment/respond to a particular text below the relevant piece of quoted
text.   People may be inclined to skip over questions/posts which neglect
to make some effort to be easy to read and comply with list ettiquette.

Thanks,

Walter