[Tutor] Fwd: The results of your email commands

Joel Goldstick joel.goldstick at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:13:59 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 4:11 AM, 叶佑群 <ye.youqun at eisoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, all
>
>    I have two block code as:
>
> Block 1:
>            #......
>            pobj = subprocess.Popen (["passwd", user],
> stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stdin = subprocess.PIPE)
>            password = password + "\n"
>            pobj.stdin.write (password)
>            pobj.stdin.write (password)
>            #......
> Block 2:
>            #......
>            pobj = subprocess.Popen (["pdbedit", "-a", user],
> stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stdin =subprocess.PIPE)
>            password = password + "\n"
>            pobj.stdin.write (password)
>            pobj.stdin.write (password)
>            #......
>
>        The only difference is command to run, but code of Block 1 runs OK,
> and Block 2 can't write the password to "pdbedit". Is there any thing wrong
> with the code above or if something else cause Block 2 failed? Any
> suggestion ?

This isn't really a 'learning python' question.  But I googled pdedit
and found this:

       -a     This option is used to add a user into the database.  This  com-
              mand needs a user name specified with the -u switch. When adding
              a new user, pdbedit will also ask for the password to be used.

              Example: pdbedit -a -u sorce
              new password:
              retype new password

So it looks like if you use -a you also need -u

--
Joel Goldstick