[Tutor] how to select a player to play first on a multiplayer game which runs on IRC

Surya K suryak at live.com
Thu Apr 19 12:54:49 CEST 2012

I am writing tic tac toe game which runs on IRC (i am using freenode now).
Each player will be a channel member. So, players send private messages between each other to play game. This sounds fine but I need the below things to get done, but I don't know how to do them..
How my game works:
Each player will have my program (tictactoe.exe).
So, each player has to enter a unique Nick Name for them and a their's friend's nick name to play :
## Now, I want to know whether the player is on the channel or not. for that I need a list of nick's on the channel. How to get them?
The biggest problem is here:
## How to select a player to play first... ??? How do I get this done?

Help me!!!