[Tutor] which gets called

John Fabiani johnf at jfcomputer.com
Fri Apr 6 18:45:26 CEST 2012

On Friday, April 06, 2012 06:54:28 AM John Fabiani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to create a class that inherits two other classes.
>
> class NewClass( A,B)
>
> But both "A" and "B" contain a method with the same name ("onKeyDown").
>
> If my "NewClass" does not contain something to override the methods which
> one would be called if
>
> myinstance = NewClass()
>
> myinstance.onKeyDown()
>

> Second to insure the right one is called is it possible to do the following
>
> NewClass(object):
>
>   def onKeyDown(self, event):
>       b.onKeyDown(event)
>
> Johnf

Thanks guys!

The class I'm creating is inheriting from classes I did not create.  And of
course the inherited classes are from different authors.  So I'm attempting to
create a wrapper and the problem comes from the keyboard events.  Each of the
classes has a onKeyDown method and I only want one to work and then pass the
data to the second.

But you have helped (along with the links).  And I have successfully got the
right method called.  The issue is now getting the second (B) to fire
correctly.

Johnf