[Tutor] New to Python programing

Shane Keene shane.d.keene at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 02:38:49 CEST 2012

I don't currently use Python 3 and don't recommend that you use it to
learn with, mostly because the bulk of the docs and learning resources
are Python 2.x focused and the two are not compatible. That said, here
are some resources that you may find useful (particularly if you choose
to learn using 2.x):

Learn Python the Hard Way: http://learnpythonthehardway.org/

How to Think Like a Computer Scientist:
http://openbookproject.net/thinkcs/python/english2e/