[Tutor] easy_install question

Eric Schles ericschles at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 17:31:02 CEST 2011

Hello,

This is my first time using this service so I am unsure what proper
formatting should be.  In any case here is my question.

I just downloaded EasyInstall here:
http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall

In the example section under
Downloading and Installing a
Package<http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#id6>
which is in the website listed, there is an example called example 1.

I can't get it to work.  I was able to import easy_install into my python
GUI.  But whenever I try using it I get the following message:
>>> easy_install SQLObject
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong since I copy/pasted the code from the
tutorial.  Any advice towards being able to use this module would be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,
Eric