[Tutor] logging question

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 21:19:31 CEST 2011

Hi all,
I have never done logging before, and I am wondering how it will
change my script. Currently, I have something like this:
for book in results:
 try: checkForErrors(book)
 except Exception, e:
  print e
  continue

That way I see any errors in a given book, but that book is skipped
and the loop continues. Now, though, checkForErrors() logs exceptions
instead of raising them, so my try/except won't work, right? There is
my question: if a method logs an exception instead of raising it, is
that exception still raised by the logging module? Do I have to make
checkForErrors() return something, and check for that, instead of
using try/except or can I keep my loop how it is? TIA!

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)