[Tutor] Keyboard Module

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 18 19:14:08 CEST 2011

On 18/10/11 02:25, Ryan Strunk wrote:

>> And its not that huge that it should stop you using it.

> Thanks for the clarification on that. Would there be any  benefit to using
> Pygame in addition to other libraries for game development,

It would not be unusual to use other libraries with PyGame.
But those would not normally include another gaming framework.

 > ...is it robust enough that it should be able to stand on its own?

If by "robust enough" you mean is it complete in and of itself, then the
answer is probably no. PyGame tackles one subset of tasks, those
commonly encountered building games. But if you need to access web
pages, or databases etc then you would need to use other modules.

If you mean robust in the sense of being reliable, not buggy,
then yes I believe PyGame is as robust as most Python libraries.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site