[Tutor] extract specific column

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 21:54:42 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Anna Olofsson <
olofsson_anna585 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I'm a beginner at python and I'm trying to extract a specific column from a
> txt file ( see attached file).
>
> In the attached file I want to extract the entire column* pph2_prob *(i.e.
> column 16). But I want to get all the values from that column without the
> headline * pph2_prob.
>
> *How do I accomplish that?

Hi Anna,

We're more than happy to help, but we also would love to see what you've
done so far. What have you tried so far? Can you get the entire column
*with* the headline?

When you show the effort that you've taken, you'll find people are much more
inclined to help - very few people here will do your work for you, but most
of us are perfectly willing to point you in the right direction!

HTH,
Wayne