[Tutor] a quick Q: how to use for loop to read a series of files with .doc end

lina lina.lastname at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 17:40:01 CEST 2011

what does the

        for col, ch in enumerate(line):

enumerate(line) mean, I used idle3 test enumerate, it always showed me:

>>> a
'abcde'
>>> enumerate(a)
<enumerate object at 0x26c6cd0>

I don't have a deep understanding.

Thanks all of you, for your kindness of giving advice and your patience in
explaination.

also another question,

sometimes in my life, I made lots of blind choice,
today I was kinda of happy telling a friend that I feel I finally started on
the road of learning or potentially using python in future.
As I mentioned before, I really did learn it on and off, study one week and
then give up, never give it a deep understanding.
but today I was also discouraged, I was told that you should not have
learned python, you should focus on C or bash, or D, cause python is going
to be obsolete, and I defensed that I saw lots people/apps using python, and
it's always good to learn a language well, it's helpful for you to
understand another language. I was further told that fortran is obsolete,
but still lots of fortran guys using it.
I don't know much, since I started and wanted to learn, actually I wish to
hear some encouraging words, not some words discouraging, but on another
hands, it's always good to have an open mind, so I want to hear your opinion
and perspective, I am not knowledgable about this.

Thanks again for all your time and guide,

Best regards,