[Tutor] Tables

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 3 22:42:17 CEST 2011

On 29/09/11 20:10, Anna Olofsson wrote:

> I'm a beginner at Python and I have tried to read the Python manual,

Are you also a beginner to programming? Or can you already program in
another language? If so which? It will help us frame our reply at the
right level.

> still can't figure out how to extract columns from a table
 > and then create a new table by merge these extracted tables
 > together.

'table' is not a native concept in Python so I assume you are talking
from the point of view of your problem domain. Can you tell us more
about the nature of these tables? How are they constructed?
Where do they live?
- plain text?
- an application file(eg Excel)?
- a database(which?)?