[Tutor] pass tuples to user defined function(beginner)

emile emile at fenx.com
Wed Nov 30 00:40:44 CET 2011

Dave Angel wrote:

<snip>

 > The whole Y2K problem was caused because
> too many programmers made unwarranted assumptions about their data (in
> that case about the range of valid dates).

Well, yes.  But we knew then that the stuff we were writing wouldn't
still be in play 25 years out.  :)

> And they were also saving
> space, in an era where hard disks were available for maybe three
> thousand dollars for 10 megabytes.

I remember it well... if not fondly.  5Mb internal and 5Mb removable.
Eventually (by 1980) we could buy 80Mb drives dumbed down to 35Mb for
$20k.  Quite a bit better than the IBM mag-card system I started with,
itself a step up from single use punch cards...

Emile