[Tutor] command=F.quit not closing the sample TK program in Vista

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 19 17:53:12 CET 2011

On 19/11/11 14:59, Cranky Frankie wrote:

I suspect you were trying to run the program from IDLE or Pythonwin?
If so don't. Run the GUI examples from the command line or via Windows
Explorer. If you double click the .py file a DOS Box may open in the
background, just ignore it for now. But the GUI window will also appear
and should work as expected.

Once everything works you can rename the file .pyw to get rid of the
background DOS box...

Try that and let me know how it goes, either via the list or using the
mail link at the bottom of the tutor pages.

There is a very small chance that this is a Windows Vista/7 issue since
I have only run the code in XP... But I don't thoink that should make
any difference.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site