[Tutor] Tutor Ilde running problems

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 21:11:23 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Nidian Job-Smith <nidianjs at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> Just installed python 2.7.2 on my windows 7 32-bit laptop. However
> when I attempt to run idle it wont open (nothing happens)
>
> Wondered if any of you have had this problem and have any tips?

This is more of a Windows issue, but I'll give it a go:

I would try opening the command prompt (type cmd in the start menu) and
typing the following at the prompt:

c:\Python27\python.exe c:\Python27\lib\idlelib\idle.pyw

If you installed Python somewhere else, replace Python27 with the directory
you installed it to.

Copy and paste the output of that command - you might need to click on the
icon in the top left of the window and there's an edit option that should
help you out.

HTH,
Wayne