[Tutor] Okay, this time I tried doing a little research but no luck in solving this one.

Nathaniel Trujillo hothottrott at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 22:27:33 CET 2011

I decided to try using python version 2.1.3 with pygame version 1.7.1 (I
hope they're compatable) and the livewires version that was available at
livewires.org.uk, I think it's version 2.1 . After getting the following
error message I tried researching the problem myself at bing.com and then
google.com. I typed the error into both search engines but the info that I
got just led to more questions. For example, the suggestion that I thought
most applied to me was to reset the PYTHONPATH to the directory that
contains the module games.py but that led to the question how do I do that.
So I tried typing help() but that doesn't work in version 2.1.3 so I went
to google and typed "how to reset PYTHONPATH in python 2.1.3" and I also
typed "how to reset PYTHONPATH" and didn't find much. I was told not to
make a new email or change the subject line (which to me basically means to
reply) but I was also told by someone not to reply and to make a new email
so I didn't know what to do? Also, python is my first language and I
started out knowing absolutely nothing about programming so please bare
with me. Thanks.

here is the code

# New Graphics Window
# Demonstrates creating a graphics window
from livewires import games
games.init(screen_width = 640, screen_height = 480, fps = 50)
games.mainloop()

and here is the error message. I appologize but the error message refered
to above is not the same one I just got after running the program again to
copy the error messge but here is the message anyway. Actually come to
think of it, the first message was

ImportError: cannot import name games

and the one I just got is

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:\Python21\new_graphics_window.py", line 4, in ?
    from livewires import games
  File "C:\Python21\livewires\games.py", line 59, in ?
    import pygame, pygame.transform, pygame.draw
ImportError: No module named pygame

Thanks for the help.