[Tutor] How do I get livewires for python version 3.1.1 ?

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 19:01:27 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Nathaniel Trujillo
<hothottrott at gmail.com>wrote:

> Could you tell me where I can get a free download of livewires for python
> version 3.1.1 ? And one that does not have a trial period please. I looked
> and looked but all I found was the one for version 2.x. I thought I had the
> one for version 3.1.1 but I guess I was wrong. I don't know if I am
> directing this question to the right people so if not I apologize for any
> inconvenience.

You don't - as someone mentioned in reply to one of your previous emails,
Livewires is only for version 2.x.

Honestly, the experiences that I had with Livewires didn't give me an
impression that it was that much easier to use that just your standard
Pygame/Tkinter, both of which are available for Python 3.

You would probably be better off picking up Pygame and Tkinter by
themselves. I'm under the impression that Livewires isn't a terribly
popular package, and there is plentiful documentation for both Pygame and
Tkinter.

Of course this also assumes that you're at least familiar enough with
Python to be able to write the code you need.

HTH,
Wayne