[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 93, Issue 38

Rich Lovely roadierich at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 8 13:18:45 CET 2011

On 8 Nov 2011, at 02:45, tutor-request at python.org wrote:

> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:26:31 +1100
> From: Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info>
> To: tutor at python.org
> Subject: Re: [Tutor] Single line webserver
>
> Rich Lovely wrote:
>> Hi all, I was part of this list a couple of years ago, and a recent discussion at a python dojo brought to mind something I'd seen then:  a one-liner (potentially single statement) webserver.  I'm pretty sure it was posted to this list, but I can't find it in the archives, and a google search is similarly lacking in relevant results.
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone (maybe the original author?) had a copy they could send me.
>
> https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=python%20one%2Dliner%20web%20server
>
> Hits #2 #3 and #4 are:
>
> http://tobyho.com/2010/04/26/one-liner-webserver-with/
> http://www.garyrobinson.net/2004/03/one_line_python.html
> http://aroberge.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-favourite-python-one-liner.html
>

> --
> Steven

I'd like to draw your attention to my original message: "a google search is similarly lacking in relevant results."  Shouldn't it be clear from how easy it is to find SimpleHttp that it clearly /isn't/ what I'm looking for? Perhaps I should have mentioned that, but I thought I'd made it clear I'd tried a websearch.

The code I remember was a Socket-based webserver, written in one - albeit rather long - line.

Rich "RoadieRich" Lovely

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who know binary,
Those who do not,
And those who are off by one.