[Tutor] regexp

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat Nov 5 02:01:11 CET 2011

Dinara Vakhitova wrote:
> Sorry, I didn´t know that I couldn´t ask questions about the homework...

You're welcome to ask questions about homework or school projects, but
most of the people here believe that ethically the student should do the
homework, not the tutor :)

So if something looks like a homework question, we will usually point
the student in the right direction and ask them to actually write the
code, rather than write the code ourselves.

Good luck with the question! If you do solve it, please come back and
tell us how you did it. I for one am curious now whether or not it can
be done using Python regexes. Perhaps someone else might have a
solution. You could try the python-list at python.org mailing list, also
available on comp.lang.python on Usenet.

(You could also try it with Perl regexes, which I understand are more
powerful.)

--
Steven