[Tutor] Finding error from os.system(cmd)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue May 31 11:49:49 CEST 2011

"Kann Vearasilp" <vearasilp at gmail.com> wrote

> I tested the complete java command via terminal and it worked fine.
> The PNG image was created correctly.

So as your user account with your local environment set up, it worked.

> I tested the python package using python shell ...
> and the PNG image was created

And in your local Python environment with your Python parths
set up, it worked.

> Therefore, I imported the MedusaConnector package
> into views.py, a place where you should place all your
> python codes in a view, and try to run it using django
> internal webserver. This time, the PNG file was
> created, but with and empty image

So as a django webserver user with the Django enviironment,
it did not work.

What is diffferent?

> So, now I am trying to track down and figure out what
> went wrong with my code.

Quite possibly there is nothing wrong with your code, its
more likely to be the execution environment.
Check permissions and paths for example.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site