[Tutor] Clunky Password maker

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri May 27 13:46:27 CEST 2011

On Thu, 26 May 2011 05:45:30 am Alan Gauld wrote:

[...]
> using
> the choice() function from the whrandom module.
>
> passwd = [whrandom.choice(series) for n in range(p)]

whrandom was deleted in Python 2.5! I'm not sure when it was formally
deprecated, but the recommended way of getting random numbers has been
the random module all the way back to version 1.5!

Since version 2.3, Python has been using the Mersenne Twister as the
default random number generator, instead of Wichmann-Hill. Mersenne
Twister is *much* better and stronger than WH.

--
Steven D'Aprano