[Tutor] Non programmer wanting to become programmer

amt 0101amt at gmail.com
Thu May 26 21:36:08 CEST 2011

First of all, hello!  I want to start learning programming. I'm looking into
becoming more than a hobbyist programmer. I searched a lot on Google on what
programming language should I learn first and I see a lot of good words
about Python so I decided to go for it but have some questions:

1)What book should I start with?  ( I have checked Python for non
programmers but there are a lot of titles there, what should I pick first?I
was thinking about Invent your own computer games with Python.)

2)Version 2 or version 3? What should I go for as a beginner and why? ( I
ask because some books in the Python for non programmers section are for
python 2, Invent your own computer games with Python is version 3.)

3)Algorithms, memory management, data structures, when is the right time to
learn them?

Regards, amt.