[Tutor] Python Extensions in C

Patty patty at cruzio.com
Thu May 26 19:52:17 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Behnel" <stefan_ml at behnel.de>
To: <tutor at python.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Python Extensions in C

> James Reynolds, 26.05.2011 17:22:
>> As an intellectual exercise, I wanted to try my hand at writing some
>> extensions in C.
>
> This is fine for en exercise, and I hope you had fun doing this.
>
> However, for real code, I suggest you use Cython instead. Your module
> would have been substantially simpler and likely also faster.
>
> http://cython.org
>
> Stefan

Hello James -

I saw in your email 'Being a kinetic learner' and I had to look that up  -
is there a difference between
the words 'kinetic' and 'kinesthetic'?  When I googled it, I am sure I am a
kinetic learner also and I come
up with programming exercises for myself as well.  I am originally a C
programmer and now I really like
Python.   I don't know what it will be like for you to learn these languages
the other way around, I am not
the teacher-type.

And thanks to Rachel-Mikel for that really nice piece of code to save for
the future.

Regards,

Patty