[Tutor] Making a script part of the terminal

michael scott jigenbakuda at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 19:43:44 CEST 2011

Okay, my title might be undescriptive, let me try to explain it better. I want
to take a script I've written and make it usable by typing its name in the
terminal. Perfect example is the python interpreter. You just type in the word
python to the terminal and then the interpreter runs. I know other programs can
do this as well (like mozilla or nautilus or rhythmbox).  So how do I make my
scripts executable from the terminal?

 ----
What is it about you... that intrigues me so?