[Tutor] create an xls file using data from a txt file

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu May 12 11:40:17 CEST 2011

To confirm: Python does *nothing* to convert automatically
from one form of path separator to another. Windows from
very early on, has accepted /-slashes as path separators
to API calls. Where they don't work is: at the command shell
itself presumably since slashes are commonly used to introduce
options; and, sometimes, the Windows Shell API although I can't
lay my hands on an example at the moment.

If you were to write something in C to call CreateFile and
pass a path such as "c:/temp/temp.txt" it would work without
a problem because the Windows API accepts those kinds of
paths.

TJG