[Tutor] Converting a numpy matrix to a numpy array

David Crisp david.crisp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 05:41:38 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have a very simple question / problem I need answered.  The problem
is imnot entirely sure of the correct terminology and langauge to use
to describe it.  (One of the reasons im using this miling list)

I have a 2d matrix representing the X the Y and the Z value of a
point.  I wish to convert that matrix to an array.    What is a good
way of doing so?

Eg:
Matrix
 012345
0xooooo
1xooooo
2oxxxxx
3oooooo
4ooooox
5ooooox

I want to convert that to a 2d array which looks like:
0,0,x
0,1,o
0,2,o
0,3,o
0,4,o
0,5,o
5,4,o
5,5,o

I am pretty sure it is simple.  I'm just having a brain fade.

Regards,
David