[Tutor] Python closes out on attempt to run script

David Abbott david at pythontoo.com
Sat Mar 26 21:44:53 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Dave Angel <davea at ieee.org> wrote:
> On 01/-10/-28163 02:59 PM, Matthew Speltz wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to teach myself python and have run across a rather
>> annoying error.  I'm not sure exactly where the fault lies, so please
>> pardon me for posting too much information, I'm not sure what would be
>> relevant.
Hi Matthew,

I am using linux and ran your program from a terminal I had to change;
#!usr/bin/python
#!/usr/bin/python

also get the error;

./temp_test.py
./temp_test.py:20: SyntaxWarning: name 'tempf' is assigned to before
global declaration
  global tempf
./temp_test.py:36: SyntaxWarning: name 'tempf' is assigned to before
global declaration
  global tempf
Temperature converter, by ***** *****.
'
      Please enter the Temperature you wish to convert, followed
      by the unit (C or F).
>  50 f
Temperature in Celsius is 10.0 .

HTH