[Tutor] Saving information for my program

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 19:59:49 CET 2011

On 3/21/2011 10:11 AM, michael scott wrote:
> I apologize now but I'm going to be spamming  the tutor list as I have
> just decided to create an extremely ambitious project for someone of
> my level. Anyhow, I will start with my first question.

Please no more apologies. Just post your questions.

> How do I save user created information in python?

I don't know about Joel Goldstick's advice. Seems a bit advanced or
specialized.

I suggest you either pickle and store the pickled objects in a (as James
suggested) Sqlite database.

Or use the shelve module which pickles and saves under a key akin to a
dictionary.

--
Bob Gailer
919-636-4239