[Tutor] Book Request [Was: Re: Need some help on output]

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 4 10:28:20 CET 2011

"Gaurav Malhotra" <gaurav.tula at gmail.com> wrote

>I am beginner.......................

Welcome.
But when posting messages please start a new
thread do not use an existing one. Otherwise your
message is likely to be missed by anyone not
reading the previous subject.

> I want to know best book to start with
> when it comes with python programming

Books/tutorials are very subjective. The style of tutorial
that I like may not suit you. That having been said:

Are you a beginner to Python? Or a beginner to programming?
There are beginners pages for both categories on the
python.org web site that list online tutorials. Choose a few
and try them out, they are all free.

One thing you will need to decide is whether to learn the
latest Python Version 3 or to use the older Python Version 2.
They are not compatible and thee is more widespread support
for V2, but V3 iscatching up. For now I would recommend a
complete beginner go with Version 3 but if you already know
another language then go with Version 2 (you will learn
faster than a beginner and so may run into some current
limitations of V3)

Once you find a tutorial that suits your style then stick to it.
Do the examples don't just read them. Post any questions
or problems you encounter to this mailing list. Tell us the
Python version, the tutorial you use and the Operating
system. Include full error messages in posts, they may
not look helpful to you but they are very helpful to us! :-).

Enjoy programming in Python.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site