[Tutor] Zipping files and Mysql

Timo timomlists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 09:56:57 CEST 2011

On 27-06-11 21:45, gagnrath at verizon.net wrote:
> I am trying to write a script that will dump a mysql db and then zip the file.
>

> I do know about mysqldb, but I was wondering if there is anything native to the libraries that will allow me to do this without using a seperate piece.   Then after I gather the DBs, I need to zip them.   I wrote the following, but wanted to know if I am heading in the correct direction.
>
> zipfile.zipfile(/myfiles/my_db/, w, zip_stored)
Well, for what it's worth, I'm using the zipfile module as well in one
of my projects to make a backup of the user's configuration directory.
Which works pretty good.

Do have a good look though at the documentation or find some examples
through your search engine, because the above line won't work at all.

Cheers,
Timo