[Tutor] Syntax for Simplest Way to Execute One Python Program Over 1000's of Datasets

James Reynolds eire1130 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 15:51:20 CEST 2011

> 3) Open the .txt file in Excel, remove the few lines I don't need (ie
> single quotes, etc)

Regarding Excel, you can write your output directly to an Excel file from
python using the Python-Excel module. Just install all three packages. I use
them all the time.

Here is something that I wrote just yesterday which writes data to sheets
one and three in an existing notebook.

from xlrd import open_workbook
> from xlutils.copy import copy
> from xlwt import easyxf

    def insert_excel(self, exfile, insert_list):