[Tutor] How do I learn python for web development

James Thornton james at jamesthornton.com
Sun Jul 31 22:42:47 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 3:22 PM, abdulhakim haliru
<abdulhakim.haliru at leproghrammeen.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am really interested in switching from PHP to python but there don't appear to be a book for such.

Hi -

Start off by becoming familiar with Python -- here are some good
online tutorials, in order from introductory to more advanced:

http://www.quora.com/How-can-I-learn-to-program-in-Python/answer/James-Thornton

And then do the Flask Quickstart and Tutorial (http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/).

Flask is an elegantly-designed Python Web microframework so it's great
for beginners because you don't have too spend much time learning it
-- it let's you program in Python rather than writing to the
framework.

Ironically, this also makes Flask an ideal choice for advanced Python
programmers because it gives you flexibility rather than always
wondering "will the framework allow me to easily do...?"

- James

--
Bulbflow: A Python framework for graph databases (http://bulbflow.com)