[Tutor] How to make tkMessage function to have duration

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat Jul 30 13:25:27 CEST 2011

Emeka wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Say I have the below(code), .... I would want the message to last say 30
> seconds and afterwards disappear. I won't want the user to be the one to
> enable it to disappear.
>
> Basically, what I want is to be able to show the user some message , and
> after some seconds, the message goes away

I *hate* it when applications do that. Just as I'm trying to read the
message, take a screen shot, or whatever, the message disappears. I
think that's one of the worst things you can do in an application.

If the message isn't important enough to require it to stay visible
until the user explicitly closes it, then it shouldn't go into a dialog
in the first place.

--
Steven