[Tutor] Python editor for Ipad

Corey Richardson kb1pkl at aim.com
Thu Jul 21 18:30:48 CEST 2011

Excerpts from James Reynolds's message of Thu Jul 21 10:40:53 -0400 2011:
> I might have to discuss some routines I've written in Python (and possibly
> C). It would be easier to whip out the Ipad and show them some of the things
> I've done, rather than a bulky laptop.
>
> I could of course PDF everything with highlighting off of eclipse, but
> ideally Ideally I would prefer a way for the user to interact with the text,
> rather than an image.
>
> So basically, an IDE or text editor with syntax highlighting for python.
>
> If you have any thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it!

If you have a browser, Cloud9 IDE might be able to do it. Or you could use
pygments to render the text to HTML and ... do you even have filesystem
access on an ipad? (This is assuming you don't want your code out public
for the whole world to see). So your best bet would probably be Cloud9 or
a similar product.
--
Corey Richardson
  "Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves"