[Tutor] Hello World in Python without space

Lisi lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 16:13:37 CEST 2011

On Saturday 16 July 2011 03:15:12 Richard D. Moores wrote:
> But that makes me wonder if there isn't a simpler way to do it with
> Python -- to delete the contents of a file without deleting the file?

Up to now, knowing no better ;-), I have opened the file in, or copied and
pasted the contents of a file into, a word processor and turned on the
non-printing characters.  It is then easy to see extraneous spaces, empty
lines etc.  I then go back to the editor and do the revealed editing.

Rough, ready and cobbled - but easy, and it works. ;-)

If you use Windows and have no idea what I am talking about, I apologise.  It
is so long since I used Windows that I have forgotten much of what it can and
cannot do; and I don't know whether it can do this.

Lisi