[Tutor] Help with making emacs work with python syntax checking?

Tidal Espeon tidal.espeon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 16:46:31 CEST 2011

I need help with installing this setup on my emacs:
http://hide1713.wordpress.com/2009/01/30/setup-perfect-python-environment-in-emacs/
The problem is that I have no clue how to access any .emacs file or .emacs.d
folder. I'm running linux, and they are apparently invisible in my home
directory. Trying to create those makes linux tell me that they're already
there. I've already installed the latest ropemacs, pyflakes, etc.
I'd sincerely appreciate help, since the IDLE just doesn't cut it for me.