[Tutor] problem reading script

Lisi lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 11:15:08 CEST 2011

I am supposed to be looking at scripts on-line, reading them and making sure
that I understand them.  I think taht most of teh things I can't make more
than a guess at, are modules taht I don't know, and I can mostly make them
out.  But the unpaired double quotation mark, " , in the following has me
stumped:

report['BzrLogTail'] = ''.join(bzr_log_tail)

The line ends accurately as it did in the script I was looking at.  In case
you need the whole script to make out what the " means, the URL is:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~bzr-pqm/bzr/bzr.dev/view/head:/apport/source_bzr.py

and I have copied and pasted the function definition in which it is to be
found after my signature.

I would be extremely grateful for an explanation/translation!

Lisi

def _add_log_tail(report):

      # may have already been added in-process

      if 'BzrLogTail' in report:

           return

      bzr_log_lines = open(bzr_log).readlines()

       bzr_log_lines.reverse()

      bzr_log_tail = []

       blanks = 0

       for line in bzr_log_lines:

           if line == '\n':

               blanks += 1

           bzr_log_tail.append(line)

  27
          if blanks >= 2:

  28
              break

  29
  30
      bzr_log_tail.reverse()

  31
      report['BzrLogTail'] = ''.join(bzr_log_tail)