[Tutor] Exercise suggestions

ian douglas ian.douglas at iandouglas.com
Sat Jan 22 23:06:24 CET 2011

For me, the quickest way to jump into a programming language was seeing
a current open source project and say "I wish it did this too, or that
instead ..." and implement it myself. Not only do you learn about the
project itself, and pick up some tips and tricks along the way, you then
also have a way to tell the original author about something you could
contribute if others are interested.

So, it's not just working on something to make it "better", you do it to
make it "personal" to your own needs instead.