[Tutor] color of "print" function

Bill DeBroglie bill.debroglie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 02:18:56 CET 2011

On Jan 14, 2011, at 8:03 PM, bob gailer wrote:

> On 1/14/2011 7:48 PM, Bill DeBroglie wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I don't have a problem per se, but have noticed something that I'd
>> like to figure out...
>>
>> Sometimes the "print" function appears orange for me, sometimes it
>> appears purple. Why does this happen and what's the difference
>> anyway? This seems to be the only function that varies like this,
>> but I'm just starting really so perhaps I'll come across more.
>>
>> The coloring seems to be fairly arbitrary. At least, I haven't
>> noticed a pattern yet.
>>
>> Using Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Python 2.7.1
>
> I'm stumped. Could it be the glasses you are wearing.
>
> Or could you tell us just a bit more about your situation - such as
> WHERE does this happen? An editor, IDLE, what?
>
> --
> Bob Gailer
> 919-636-4239
> Chapel Hill NC

It happens in IDLE. If I change the spacing (delete an empty line say)
the color will change.  Experimenting a little bit, the default seems
to be orange. When I indent at all, it changes to purple. However,
occasionally, it's purple without being indented (can't figure out
anything in particular that causes this), though in every instance
where this happens, I can change it back to orange by manipulating the
spacing (adding an empty line, and then deleting it seems to do the
trick).

Thanks.